What happens to a wet bracelet?
love4pizza
Bracelet King
love4pizza
8 years, 6 months ago by love4pizza
I was just wondering since I heard some people take showers with there string made bracelets. I was confused if maybe the colour would fade away or it could get a funky smell, but still have no answers :/
So if you can, help this clueless girl.
SoccerArv
Professional
SoccerArv
8 years, 6 months ago by SoccerArv
I went swimming with one of my bracelets on, Nothing happened except some of the loose string that were sticking out separated. So there's no funny smell, and if you are worried about the smell then wash it with soap. Also none of the colours faded. I hope this helps
love4pizza
Bracelet King
love4pizza
Thank you very much!
wolf3
Bracelet King
wolf3
8 years, 6 months ago by wolf3
if you wear your bracelets in chlorine pools, some brands of string will fade quickly, but most just fade slowly in a chlorine pool.
wolf3
Bracelet King
wolf3
8 years, 6 months ago by wolf3
I used to shower with them on, but I don't anymore cause they stay wet kinda long and make my wrist cold and damp
love4pizza
Bracelet King
love4pizza
I didn't know that тнαик уσυ
Lily99
Bracelet King
Lily99
8 years, 6 months ago by Lily99
I have one on right now that I've been wearing for over a year, pretty much 24/7. The colors have gotten faded, and it's starting to wear out at the ends. But other than that it's held up well. I wear about 6 bracelets on each wrist, and have never had issues. If you've just put on a new bracelet, it'll be really stiff when wet for a few days, until it breaks in a bit.
KookieDoh
Advanced
KookieDoh
8 years, 6 months ago by KookieDoh
I have a elastic like cord but its not completely elastic and it just scrunched up a little, mainly because it was thin, but nothing really happens, it's like washing a shirt in the shower and your giving your braclet a free bath ^-^
impersonat
Bracelet King
impersonat
8 years, 6 months ago by impersonat
The colors start to fade after a while, but they won't smell. If you are worried about the colors, you should take them off.
Racoon
Racoon
8 years, 5 months ago by Racoon
I wear some of my bracelets every day and after a while they tend to get a bit dirsty so I wash them with water and soap. The colours do start to fade away but this only happens after a long time and I'm not sure if that's because I wash them or just because I wear them all the time.
piperrocks
Bracelet King
piperrocks
8 years, 5 months ago by piperrocks
Some brands of strong tend to fade over time especially in chlorine pools. I've had bracelets for a few years that have faded a bit but not much. :[
Philly
Bracelet King
Philly
8 years, 5 months ago by Philly
They get wet
mreadey
Professional
mreadey
8 years, 5 months ago by mreadey
I used to work at a summer camp where we made them all the time. Cheap string (cough walmart cough) will fade in extremely chlorinated pools. But the name brand stuff seems to hold up well. I haven't had a fading problem since i started investing in good string.
ArtzyFreak
Professional
ArtzyFreak
8 years, 4 months ago by ArtzyFreak
Not too sure, but I wouldn't risk it 😛
Margaron
Margaron
8 years, 3 months ago by Margaron
Embroidery floss is made of cotton so you can treat it like a t shirt. Yes you can get it wet, you can stain it, you can throw it in the laundry they're very versatile and easy to keep.
LuckyJinks
Professional
LuckyJinks
8 years, 1 month ago by LuckyJinks
the colors will eventually fade and may loosen up , but overall it should be fine. if you're really worried you can just tie them lose enough to slide off when you shower or swim!
riley_n9
Advanced
riley_n9
5 years, 2 months ago by riley_n9
Nothing really happens to my bracelets when they get wet
han00lefty
Skiller
han00lefty
5 years, 2 months ago by han00lefty
My friends always wear theirs 24/7, the longest one has a 1 year 5 month reign 😉 they change colors wet (it gets darker) and that always freaks people out, but when it dries it’s always back to normal! Oh and I only use DMC floss, because the color doesn’t fade and the strings don’t snap. It’s quality is worth it! But yeah, shower/swim it up(:
VSCOforeal
Advanced
VSCOforeal
5 years, 2 months ago by VSCOforeal
I shower and swim with all my bracelets on and nothing has ever happened.. I just joined this app but I have been making bracelets for 3 years, and selling them for 1 year... nothing has ever happened except a tiny bit of fading... hope this helps!! 🙂
maddiew
Advanced
maddiew
5 years, 2 months ago by maddiew
thank you this was very helpful!